IRUNGOBBOWL 2013 RULESET
This ruleset is a compendium of many others applied in other tourneys. Organization may modify this rules in seek of a better playability and fun.
Items you must bring
- Blood Bowl team.
- Roster, duplicated.
- Block dice, 8 face dice. 6 face dice are given by the organization.
- Passing rule and scatter templates.
- Rulebook. Organization will provide you with a refference sheet in spanish and french, including the 50K gc event cards that are used during the tournament.
- Pen or pencil.
- Your own gaming mat (field).
The tourney will be held during a day, 4 matches per person following the swiss pairing system. The first round will be random pairings, but in successive rounds will play in order of classification: 1st against 2nd, 3rd against 4th... and so on. In case of repeating a pairing against a player faced before, organization will seek for another opponent with simmilar level. There won't be a Final, so the best possitioned in after the 4th round will be the tourney winner.
May 26, Sunday
9:00 - 9:30 Inscription
9:45 - 11:45 First Round
11:50 - 13:50 Second Round
13:50 - 14:45 Rest for lunch
14:45 - 16:45 Third Round
16:50 - 18:50 Fourth Round
19:00 - 19:30 Prizes
Punctuality is solicited for the good performance of the tournament:
If a player arrives 5 minutes late, loses the Kickoff.
If a player arrives 10 minutes late, the match will start 0-1 against him.
If he arrives 15 min. late, the match is conceeded.
Tournament Core Rules
The last Living Rule Book edition (6.0) will be used, with the following exceptions:
- You can use the official NAF teams: Human, Orc, Dwarf, High Elves, Skaven, Dark Elves, Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Undead, Amazon, Goblins, Halflings, Wood Elves, Necromantic, Elves, Nurgle, Khemri, Norse, Ogre, Vampire and Lizardmen. But also the new three NAF sanctioned teams:Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld.
- The trainers have 1.000.000 gold pieces for their team.
- Depending on the theoretical competitivity of the team, additional benefits are given:
- Merciless Overpowered group: 4 simple abilities for 4 different players (TR108). Wood elf, Dwarf, Amazons, Undead, Skaven.
- Proplayers group: 5 simple abilities for 5 different players (TR110). Necromantic, Dark elf, Elf, Chaos Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Norses, Orc, Human.
- Sad but Used group: 5 simple abilities and 1 double for 6 different players (TR113). High Elves, Chaos, Underworld, Nurgle, Chaos Pact, Slann, Vampires, Khemri.
- Awful but Charismatic group: 3 simple abilities and 3 doubles for 6 different players. Or 6 simples abilities and 1 double(TR115). Goblins, Halflings, Ogres, Underworld with no skaven y Lizardmen with no Lizardman.
- Undead and Necromantic teams CAN use the necromancer ability to get a free zombie. The new zombie can only be used for the current match and will not be available for the next matches. Nurgle teams CAN'T get free rotters because the ability would have to be used at the end of match.
- If any irregularity is discovered in the team roster creation (intended or not), up to 20 points will be discounted from the final classification.
- Participants will play the whole tourney with the same roster: no experience and no G.P. are earned. All the Casualties suffered by any team will be ignored for the following matches. The starting roster will be restored. Even though, Apothecaries can be useful for player recovery during each match.
- In the caves, everything can happen: the gobs crowding the caves have no education nor fear of causing chaotic situations. Each team will recieve a free and random 50.000 G.P. card for each of their matches. Stuntie teams will get 2 cards. This cards will be provided by the organization (poker cards will be used along with reference sheets in spanish and french, to avoid possible translation problems).
- The gobbos are the Home Team: any team that includes AT LEAST 1 GOBLIN PLAYER. will receive +1 Fan Factor automatically for each goblin, up to a maximum of +4 (a team of orc with 3 goblins would have +3 FF).
This system will decide which coach is the champion. Teams will be ordered using the following factors: Points, Points of the rivals, TD average, CAS average, TD scored, CAS caused. The tourney point system is as follows:
- Win with 2 or more TD difference: 10 points
- Win with 1 TD difference: 9 points
- Draw: 4 points
- Lose with 1 TD difference: 1 point
- Lose with 2 or more TD difference: 0 points
- Conceeded: -2 points
Group point system
- The formation with most points adding its two worst participants' score will win this prize. A minimum of three teams per group is allowed.
- If all the teams of one group are from the Awful but Charismatic group, it will add the points of its two best participants. A maximum of three teams per group is allowed for this kind of group.
Every miniature in the team must represent its possition (conversions and modiffications are admited and welcome).
Every mini should be painted with more than one colour, with the following point modification.
- -5 without painting: If miniatures are only coated or even without coat, the coach will be penalized.
- +1 Base: Every base in the team is painted and textured. Only painted does not conceed this point, must have a texture, which could be sand, grass... whatever.
- +1 Painted: each mini in the team is painted with at least 3 colours and the coating is not visible.
- +1 Detailed: Each miniature in the team is painted with a variety of colours and using different techniques (illumination, shadowing, etc.). This point distinguishes barely painted teams with the ones with work on their backs.
Important: all the miniatures in the team must fulfill the criteria in order to win these points.
Ubergobbo - First clasified
The A Team - Best group.
Robin complex - Second clasified
Next will be mine - Third clasified
Giant Blue Squig - The team causing the most number of Casualties due to Blocks and/or Fouls.
Solid Toad - The team which recieves less TD against.
Easy play - Team which scores most TD.
Olito the Low Elf - For the best classified Stuntie team (Goblins, Halflings, Ogres, Lizardmen without Saurus or Underworld without Skavens).
Wooden Spoon - "Prize" for the last classified.
Masoquist: Any Stunty team coach will be rewarded with a little motivational prize.
For a good prize distribution, if a coach wins more than one prize he will have to choose one of them.
Details are in addition to the prizes.
The items attached to this prizes are little details, and the bunch of good stuff will be raffled off between all the participants.
NOTE: a team which haven't played all the 6 matches can't opt to any prize. Coach changes are not allowed after the start of the tournament..
Every player must have in mind that this kind of events are organized to play our favourite game and meet people different to the ones which we face each weekend. Findindg a Champion is a subproduct of this, and what we really seek is enjoying the game.
The rules are usually the greatest argument generator, so in case of disagreement the rules will be checked. If the rulebook does not cover this aspect, and the referees can't answer the problem, the situation will be solved by throwing a dice each player, the one who rolls highest will have the reason.
The length of the matches will be less than 2 hours. Organization can assign extra time depending on the schedule and other facts, but not as a general rule. Puntuality is required in order to fit the schedule, with the aforementioned penalties for the latecomers.
It is responsibility of both players to remember and control the following:
When a mistake is discovered, the player should "rewind" the subsequent movements and dice rolls to the point the mistake was made. All the rolls and moves are cancelled, so they should be rolled again and can be done in a different order. If the mistake is detected after gathering the miniatures after a TD or 8th/16th turn, is too late and the mistake must be ignored.
- Really Stupid, Bonehead, Take Root... etc. obligatory rolls.
- Check ilegal deploys, less/more than 11 players on the pitch, etc.
And of course, common sense should be applied in all arguments, as we are here to play our game.